Thursday, March 06, 2014

Magali Of Green Kitchens

The Kitchen Cabinet Saga - 6 -


I think I've gained most of my followers because I'm accident prone, much like Anne of Green Gables, and readers are curious to know what will happen to me next.

Je crois que j'ai gagné beaucoup de lecteurs grâce à ma maladresse... Les gens veulent savoir quelle sera ma prochaine bêtise.

I know the sun makes the picture weird, but it's the sun, after three months of rain!

I must confess I don't tell you everything, because I fear you'll think I make that up! But I have to tell you what happened last Wednesday as it is somehow linked to the new episode of the Kitchen Cabinet Saga.


Je dois vous avouer qu'en fait, je ne vous écris pas tout car j'ai peur que les gens pensent que j'en rajoute! Mais je  vais vous faire part de ma dernière mésaventure, car d'une certaine façon elle est liée au nouvel épisode de ma saga sur les cuisines.


My parents came to help me a little with a few things at the Cottage. I had made a very long list of what we should do. On the top of the list was getting rid of a chest I had. It was a cheap children's toy chest that I had been using in my living-room before. It's the only piece that didn't survive the flooding from last Spring. I had tried to fix it, but if real wood can be fixed, not much can be done with such cheap plywood.


Mes parents sont venus me filer un coup de main au cottage mercredi dernier. J'avais créé une longue liste de choses à faire. La toute première était de se débarrasser d'un  coffre à jouets que j'avais dans mon salon et qui est une des seules choses à n'avoir pas survécu à l'inondation du printemps dernier. Je l'avais gardé espérant le réparer... Mais le mdf trempé et gondolé a eu raison de mon optimisme.


As I was taking it to my small car with the help of my father, the chest decided it couldn't take it anymore and dismantled right there on my foot! I try to laugh of every situation, but the pain when whatever-part of the chest landed on my hankle made it hard not to cry like a baby in front of my dad.

Alors que je le portais avec mon papa vers la voiture, le coffre a décidé qu'il ne pouvait plus tenir une minute de plus et toutes ses planches se sont désolidarisées et ont atterri sur mon pied! L'impact ne m'a pas fait du bien et j'ai eu du mal à retenir mes larmes devant mon papa (il déteste quand je pleure).

It'll be nothing, but the long list of things didn't get crossed... and is still a to-do list, as I had to rest my ankle this day and the next, a situation that called for the first tea in the garden of the year, hence the pictures.

Je pense que ce ne sera rien, qu'une bonne bosse sur le pied, mais ma liste de choses à faire a dû être oubliée pour ce jour-là... et le suivant. Du coup, j'ai préparé le premier thé dans le jardin de l'année... cela ne demande pas trop d'efforts.
 
1. Notice the pants on the chair... A little mess and I feel right at home!
Thanks to my trusty arnica lotion, my ankle turned from blue to green the next day, which I took as a good sign, being an optimist. Isn't that perfect as we were to study green kitchens today? - I'm suddenly very happy my ankle did not turn orange.

2. The stove steals the show somehow.
Grâce à ma crème à l'arnica (sans laquelle je ne saurais vivre), mon pied passe doucement du bleu au vert, ce que je prends pour un bon signe, même si je n'y connais rien. Oh, tiens, vert ne serait-il pas une couleur que nous n'avons pas encore étudié dans les cuisines? C'est l'occasion! Oui, je sais, c'est un peu tiré par les cheveux aujourd'hui, mais franchement, je n'ai pas mieux et j'ai mal à la cheville, alors soyez gentils avec moi.

3.
Really, I would never have tought that I'd be writing a post on green kitchens one day. 

4. Colour is "Cooking Apple Green" by Farrow & Ball
Je n'aurais jamais pensé écrire un jour un article sur les cuisines vertes.

5.
When I was a very little girl, my parents had decorated their home in the colour that was then all the rage: orange, with big flowers... I think you can guess when that was. When they finally got tired of orange, they changed to a green theme throughout the flat. I really loved it when they took that decision. But since then, green had always been associated in my mind with my parents' decoration, not mine.

6.
Quand j'étais toute petite, mes parents avaient décoré leur chez-eux avec du orange partout... Je crois que vous pouvez deviner de quelle décennie il s'agit. Quand la passion du orange et des grosses fleurs leur a enfin passé, ils ont tout redécoré dans des tons verts. J'aimais vraiment beaucoup, mais depuis le vert est dans ma tête associé à la décoration de mes parents, pas la mienne.

7.
But as I was researching Google image for green kitchens, I noticed three things: a) whatever you type in the search box, you'll find a picture of a gorgeous lady in a tiny bikini somewhere in the results, b) there are so many different greens, they barely look like the same colour sometimes, c) I was beginning to fall in love with a certain type of green.

8.
Alors que je faisais mes recherches Google pour trouver des cuisines vertes qui me parlaient, je me suis aperçue de trois choses: a) quels que soient les mots que vous tapez dans le moteur de recherche, dans les résultats, il y aura une photo de jolie fille en bikini; b) il existe tellement de verts différents, que c'est parfois difficile de penser qu'il s'agit de la même couleur; c) j'étais en train de tomber amoureuse d'un certain vert...

9.
So have you a favourite green from the above pictures? Have you found which is my favourite and deserves a post of its own?

10.
Alors avez-vous un vert préféré parmi les cuisines que je vous ai montrées? Une idée de quel est mon préféré et mérite un article tout à lui?

11.
See you soon, for news about that green!

A bientôt, pour des nouvelles de mon "vert"!

PS1: As usual, you can find more inspiration pictures and the sources for all the ones I used in that post on my Pinterest board "Green Kitchen".

Comme d'habitude, vous pouvez retrouver toutes mes photos et d'autres encore en cliquant sur mon lien Pinterest.

PS2: You may notice that I had to hide a few things in the background of the first pictures... I have been working on a project that I'll show you later.

PS3: In my head, this is what happened last Wednesday:
D'après moi, voilà ce qui s'est passé mercredi dernier:



PS4: I'm partying, limping and all, with the following bloggers:

home and garden button                       


35 comments:

  1. This is my favorite color. Thank for the idea. I have green kitchen, but I don't have kitchen set yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is my favorite color. It is very "seaside" friendly. I have to say I am somewhere on the green scale of kitchens between pics #3 and #7. My dining room is green and one wall in Holland's room is green. For as much as I love it, it's hard to believe I don't have more of it in my house. Aside from bags, purses, and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Magali,

    I am not very fond of green kitchens. Still wait for white kitchens...I like scandinavian style very much, white, simple, like
    Katja's from Katja Presnal blog.
    Your tea cup is lovely, reminds me of my mom, childhood, roses on cups and plates, our rose garden...

    Have a nice weekend, Nada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Si un jour, il existe le prix de celle qui n'a vraiment pas de chance, pense à t'inscrire, tu as toutes tes chances de gagner ! J'espère que ton pied va aller mieux... pour que nous puissions faire la brocante de dimanche !

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 3 & 7! to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my green island in my kitchen. Hope your ankle heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that window seat built into the cabinets! And I would think that a the most pale green would be the one easiest to live with. Such beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truth is so often stranger than fiction! I'm glad your ankle has healed, and glad indeed that it didn't turn orange or fuchsia.
    All of the green kitchens are very attractive, but I am drawn to the shades of #3 and #6. Let's see what you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum's kitchen is green but nothing compared to what you show! As for the accident who wouldn't like to be in your situation?(if things were like in the video of course!)AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ankle pains are not fun – I hope yours go away quickly. I am not much for a green kitchen – I’d prefer very pale blue or yellow. I like no. 10 as it is mostly white with the darker green island. I think it goes better with the wood color too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your ankle is better soon! I love the green of the lighter leaf on the rose tea cup close-up. It's one of my favorite shades. ♧ I like all the shades you have shown except for number five. Five is pretty, but in my opinion too bright for an older home. I've noticed that the English like green in their kitchens, and that green would also go with your English china. Green also looks pretty by the sea. Maybe you are hiding the chairs :) ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg you poor thing, thank goodness your parents were there to help, though it's not quite the same as having Greg Wise to carry you around.
    Ok, so I was doing my English versus America kitchen thing and then you set another challenge ! Could it be the kitchen painted in Farrow and Ball, it's a lovely colour. Personally I do like No 8 because the style is nice and simple with the open shelving but I know we're supposed to be talking about colour here !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I wanted blue for your cottage kitchen until I fell in love with green kitchen #9 above. Love the open shelves, the color, the bead board. I am so glad you are doing all this research so when it finally becomes time to redo my kitchen this spring or summer, I will just come here for inspiration! Take care of your ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, hope your colourful ankle heals quickly. It will get the other colours of the rainbow soon :-) (After yellow it will be ok)
    Kitchen nr. 3 seems to be my favourite, not only the (sage?) colour but also the floor, the blinds and the view. Of course, the colour has to be right four your personal kitchen. I am very curious to see what you will choose! greetings, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I don't know which one you like best, but I like 3, 7 and 10. Green is a perfect color for kitchens. I also like the ones that involve 2 tones, like green and white.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magali, I thought green might be the next color you would show for your kitchen. I'm not sure which green is "your" green, probably light to mid green. Definitely not lime green. That would be your parents color. ;) I like #8 and #11. So glad you didn't do permanent damage to your foot. My late husband dropped a metal chair on my foot once (it was a total accident) which bruised the deep tissue. It took over a month for it to heal. Extremely painful and required a trip to the ER. Poor dear. He felt terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was a little too optimistic about my ankle. It's still pretty sore after three days... Maybe it doesn't help that I can't rest it all day!

      Delete
  17. Loved seeing the green kitchens. We have white cabinets, but the rest is green, very restful. Sorry to hear about your ankle. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think white and green together are indeed very restful and that's why I'm drawn to that combination of colour.

      Delete
  18. Take care of your ankle. I like a light apple green and that wouldn't be bad for the kitchen. But my first choice is white and then I change accent colors.
    Good luck....
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. cant wait to see your final color choice hope the ankle is feeling much better

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are so similar! I am a bull in a china shop, I'm dropping, spilling, knocking over something. Don't you just love arnica, hubs and I have practiced homeopathy for the last 15 years. So sorry just not loving the green, the only one I like was #7. I love anything about Jane Austen, and I love, love, love Sense and Sensibility! Did you get the scene where he says to her, I love, love, love, you. I am bewitched....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the colors in #4 and #11. Sorry about your ankle...hope it is feeling better by now. I tried to watch the video but it said not available. Looking forward to see which green you are in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well Magali of Green Kitchens, I am glad that your dream guy swooped you up in his arms in the pouring rain. That always makes an injury feel better. Also I have the same opinion of green that you do, but I must confess, your inspiration photos could quickly change my mind! Also thanks for the teaser. I had to scroll back up to your photos and have a second look to see if I could spy any little glimpse as to what you have been up to. I must say you covered your tracks pretty good. Rest your ankle my friend and save me a bite of those delicious butterfly treats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh look! Green kitchens!! Now, this is a thing I had not thought of, but I love this!!! My bedroom and bath have a lot of what I call jadeite green, or antique green, or the green that they loved in the 1930's that I just ADORE. It looks smashing with pink, great with red, charmingly retro and really, really cottage. I almost went with that green in my kitchen as well, but it turned out I had too many other things going on in there already to try to inject the green as well, but I love it. Love. It. So excited to hear what comes next with green!
    Also, so sorry about your ankle!! I hope it is improving!! Are you feeling better now? I think it's kind of sweet your chest didn't want to leave you, and so became scrap wood rather than a chest, but it's unfortunate that it had to fling itself at your ankle in a final act of devotion. I have a dog that does that, practically every day. He means well. Anyway, I am glad you have arnica and hope that you are feeling much better by the time you read this. I am so happy you have outdoor options now, we are still deep in winter here. It's very pretty, but no tea outside, that's for sure!
    Can't wait to hear the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ankle is not improving as fast as I' like... I'm glad you like the green kitchens... More to come when I have time to write the post.
      Have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  24. Too bad about your ankle...hope it heals quickly.
    I will leave myself out of the green kitchen discussion. I think at that level it becomes very personal. I don't like green kitchens but then again I possibly just don't really favour green. Oh well, a fun journey for you....got to look at all possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Je dois dire que j'ai du mal à choisir le ton de vert que je préfère, pour le coup, je les trouve tous avec quelque chose de superbe. Je les aime tous avec un tout petit plus pour celui de la première photo de cuisine qui est tout à fait comme le vert provence qu'on trouve chez nous.
    Dis moi, tu ne serais pas une maladroite à la "Pierre Richard"???
    Plein de bisous pour un beau weekend.
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry to read about your ankle. I too am very klutzy and I am always sporting a bruise or two. I love the green. I may have said that I love every color you have highlighted. My favorites are 7 and 10. Picking the right green can be tricky. Since you want to use it with pink you probably be happier with a green that has yellow making it f bit warm rather than one that has a grey tone to it. I am glad I am not the one picking the cabinet colors, all of the colors are terrific.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know I love green kitchens, as that is the color I painted mine! Growing up my mother always had a blue kitchen, and that is the color that I went with in my first several apartments, but I felt I needed a change when I moved to the Cape of Dreams. I hope your ankle feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm sorry to hear you hurt your ankle, and I hope you are feeling better very soon--ouch! There are so many greens, and I also find it hard to pick the right one. I have my little office that I would like to paint green walls, but it needs to be a bright enough green to make me happy, yet also have a vintage look to go with the adjoining kitchen. If I pick the right green, it will also look good with turquoise, which I would love to use as a little accent at certain times of year as well. Decisions, decisions! I also love your pink tea party, and hope you get to enjoy more sunshine as your ankle improves :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love #4! And I also saved #5 because I loved the open cabinets (which I ended up not doing). I'm sorry about your ankle! Heal quickly!!

    xoxo
    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments on my hand painted eggs.I enjoy painting.I hope your ankle feels better soon I love the sea glass color too and is perfect for a kitchen.I enjoyed your blog and will add it to my list of blogs,Have a great day. Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  31. If I hadn't just painted my kitchen cabinets and all - I'd go for green - so beautiful - I hope you're foot is better by now -that must be some lotion! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love numbers 2, 4 and 9.
    I am sooo late ! :S Hope your ankle is perfectly healed by now !
    HUGSSSSSS, Iza.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.