Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Revenge

Watching TV with Magali (and possibly some cats) - November edition


So, of course, some of you guessed that if I asked the carpenter to watch Revenge, it's because I love one of the kitchens in the show.

Bien sûr, la plupart d'entre vous aviez deviné que si j'ai demandé à mon cuisiniste de regarder la série Revenge, c'est qu'une des cuisines des décors me plaît beaucoup.


As much as I love Victoria's mansion kitchen, it's too grand for my cottage and doesn't really match the vibe I want for it. You can see a glimpse of Victoria's kitchen behind her teacups in my previous post.

Emily's beach house, though, is so close to what I want for my cottage that I sometimes wonder if I should sue the set designer for reading my mind... I wonder how much money I could do... Maybe enough to pay for the kitchen make a fool of myself, since none of the decorating is actually done yet at the cottage.


Je vous résume tout ce qu'il y a d'important pour comprendre la série: Victoria habite dans une splendide demeure et Emily dans une maison située sur la plage. C'est cette maison pour laquelle les décorateurs semblent avoir piqué certaines idées directement dans mon cerveau.


But today, we're going to concentrate on the kitchen. I'm sorry, I went a little screencaps crazy, getting that post ready.

Mais pour aujourd'hui, concentrons-nous donc sur la cuisine.


So, obvisouly, I could fit my whole cottage in Emily's kitchen, so I will not try to replicate the room in my 9 feet x 9 feet cottage kitchen. 

For example, I don't think I - or Emily, for that matter - need two sinks so close from each other in the kitchen. Emily has one in front of the window and one on the island.


Bon, bien sûr, je ne vais pas reproduire cette cuisine immense dans ma très modeste cuisine de maison de pêcheur. Quelle idée aussi d'avoir deux éviers! Si vous regardez bien les photos, il y en a un devant la fenêtre et un sur l'îlot central.


I won't need such a huge fridge, either, even though cat food is taking more and more space in this cottage's fridge!


Par contre, l'atmosphère générale de cette cuisine peut être reproduite à plus petite échelle. J'aime le blanc des éléments, le lambris sur les meubles et sur la crédence, les meubles vitrés et leurs croisillons originaux, les rideaux à l'imprimé aux tons fanés, les fleurs partout et, petits bonus (boni), la cafetière thermos et la cocotte Le Creuset turquoise.


But so many aspects of this kitchen could work in a smaller room: the white beadboard cabinets, the glass cabinets,  the beadboard on the wall, the curtains and their faded fabric, and bonus, the Le Creuset casserole, always at the ready on the stove during season 1!


Somehow I admire Emily because even if she's plotting revenge episodes after episodes, she seems to have time to remodel in between episodes. For example, she changes her island chairs in the middle of season 1. You can see the new ones above. She also manages to have a second island built in while she's away from the beach house between season 1 and season 2. And she changes the window treatment!!! I have no idea how she does it, but she should come give me a hand - that or send me Jack!


Toute mon admiration pour le personnage d'Emily vient du fait qu'alors qu'elle organise une revanche compliquée épisode après épisode, elle a le temps de transformer sa cuisine entre deux destructions de vie : elle change les chaises du bar, rajoute un îlot de plus entre la saison 1 et la 2, retire les rideaux... Bref, moi qui ai du mal à faire un pauvre plan pour une pièce de 9 m², je ne sais pas comment elle fait!!!


Above, you can see how Nolan is happy that Emily finally put her Le Creuset casserole in one of her numerous cabinets! - That's a big spoiler for French people as our TV is only airing season 1 right now!

So, what do you like about that kitchen?

Et vous, y a-t-il quelque chose qui vous plaît dans cette cuisine?



A bientôt,

See you soon,



PS: If you'd like to see more picture of Emily's beach house, you can hop on to my Pinterest board Revenge.

PPS: I'll try to be on time for the following parties!

Lavender Garden Cottage      HGTbtngrey       Ivy and Elephants      
I would love to have you join me for my link party, Share Your Cup!         Feathered Nest Friday              Photobucket                         

Weekend Bloggy Reading            Rooted In Thyme                    http://www.remodelaholic.com/2013/11/ways-to-decorate-a-hallway/               


41 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have me laughing! Especially about putting the Le Creuset away. I'm laughing because I notice kitchens in series that I watch also. I always notice the grand stair cases and entries. lol! I haven't watched this show but I know people who really like it. Must admit, I could go for that kitchen!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kitchen! It has the mint green color that I love in kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je remarque que le lave-vaisselle n'est pas intégré et que les placards du haut ne coïncident pas obligatoirement avec ceux du bas... et qu'en plus, ils n'ont pas tous la même hauteur... Tu peux le dire à ton cuisiniste ! Je suis certaine que la tienne, bien que plus petite, sera aussi belle... depuis le temps que tu fais, défais et refais les plans !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with your last commenter. Yours will be much nicer...and do have the dishwasher integrated. It looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the light in that kitchen, and parts of it separatly. The colors, cream and wood, is inviting but beadboards on walls and on cabinets? that is a bit much. I like the beadbords in the kitchen Dalby smoke grey från kvänum, http://www.kvanum.com/produkter/tradition/ Also there are great options for fridges, I like the extra high ones, 2m, but also the under counter ones, if you need more worktop space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bead board on the cabinets is what I noticed first about that kitchen. And I have noticed in a lot of kitchens lately that people have 2 islands. I used to think that was crazy, but now I think it would be a good idea if I had the space. As for the 2 sinks.... I can't get behind that. Dirty dishes in one sink annoys me. Two would drive me batty. :-) That 2nd to last pic with your caption cracked me up. I think that is how my husband felt when I finally moved my green dutch oven to a shelf when it wasn't being used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one of my favorite shows and yes you could copy some of those ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I looked at all of the pics on your Pinterest board, loved them all. I think you are soooo right, that will work in your cottage in an even better version. Imagine all that space and she lives alone.... just not right, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post is so funny! Nice to have a laugh with morning coffee! I just love white kitchens, period. And the bead board is frosting on the cake to me. I have a galley kitchen, so most kitchens I drool over are just dreams anyway, but i did paint the cabinets white and take the doors off, best thing i ever did. Opened it up visually, anyway. Television kitchens are awesome inspirations to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me chuckling through this entire post, Magali...especially the Le Creuset line! I think it looks very inspiring for your kitchen, and can't wait to see how you execute it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so funny, how you noticed the changes in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Magali, this beach house kitchen has the right feel for your home! Still have to see it though, but enjoyed looking at the pictures you posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really have a good eye with details...Can't wait to see how your kitchen turns out!! Thanks for stopping by with your comment on the white pumpkins. Just dry them on newspaper and store them in a paper sack until you plant them next year.
    Happy Wednesday!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how open it is. And I agree, two sinks is excessive, though I haven't always felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't own a television so I don't even know the shows that are on. I guess I am missing out on some wonderful houses.

    My favorite thing in her kitchen is the cabinet doors with glass. I really want to change just 3 of our doors to glass fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the kitchens .. I have been fascinated with kitchens forever. I think they are the HUB of the house kind of. HUGS and happy hunting for the perfect kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You definitely have a good eye! I would have never noticed that the chairs had changed! I love your obsession with set kitchens!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a pretty kitchen, Magali--I like the soft green walls and creamy white trim. (Those are the colors I want for my little office, which I hope to give a little makeover soon!) We have a narrow galley kitchen--a narrow rectangle with cabinets on either side. The upper cabinets on one side have glass doors, and I do love them--they are perfect for arranging and showing pretty kitchen bowls, trays, and stemware.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the show and the lighting in her kitchen is grand! I have very poor lighting in ours.

    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen the show, but I love that kitchen island and the lamp above it! And I like that stairway too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love EVERYTHING about that kitchen! It is huge though. Using glass front cabinets in your small kitchen will make it appear larger I would think. I love glass front upper cabinets and open shelving and hope to incorporate both in my kitchen remodel some day....after all the other rooms get their remodel! Kitchens are so costly. I can't wait to see what you do with yours...:) Have a lovely Thursday and Friday my friend!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found my PERFECT kitchen inspiration today! Here's a link to my pin of it. I'm going to replicate as much of it as I can in my kitchen - so thrilled!!! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/105553184990367658/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magali,

    You crack me up! What I love most about Emily's kitchen is YOUR commentary on it!;-D. Then, it would have to be the style, which to me, seems to be a marvelous mix of casual contemporary and fabulous farmhouse chic! But, I definitely agree with you; two sinks, so close together, doesn't make sense! She must have been too caught up in her secretive, scheming plot DESIGN, and overlooked her kitchen one!

    Happy Thursday to you, my keen eyed friend!

    Poppy




    a mix of contemporary and farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the beadboard cupboards and the glass doors (but the beadboard on the wall, not so much, it's too matchy-matchy). Also, you will certainly do with a small fridge and a single sink. Also, you can use one of your half-walls as a bar and settle in some bar chairs (but I prefer Emily's first chairs, they are less bulky and so charming).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the spoiler alert :)

    Such a perfect cottage kitchen. I think there are definitely aspects you can use.
    xo
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can see why you love that kitchen...it's so charming and cottagey looking. At least you now have some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The doors are similar to my kitchen and I love bead board and of course white !
    I am sure whatever you do will be great, you're obviously putting a lot of thought into it, and creating fun posts in the process !

    ReplyDelete
  28. I watch the show faithfully every week, but have never really noticed the kitchen. Of course her house is gorgeous, but I guess I'm to caught up in the drama to notice the house. Thanks for sharing the photos and I'll try to pay more attention. I can't imagine that you all only get season one so far. You have so much drama yet to come.
    Are you able to watch Scandal? I like it even better than Revenge.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Magali,
    Your passion for kitchens truly AMAZES me. I love your posts ! :) Hope you're having a nice weekend. (((Hugs))) ,Izabella.

    ReplyDelete
  30. P.S. I love the colour of this kitchen ...the colour of pistachio ice cream - one of my favourites. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hee hee... loved this post! I watch Revenge and love Emily's kitchen but have never noticed all the details. Now I have to follow your Pinterest board just so I can keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the kitchen, but haven't ever watched the show! Shhh, don't tell anyone :)
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are so funny! I've seen the first season, but haven't had a chance to get caught up on newer episodes. Love her kitchen though! I think i have newer seasons on Netflix...I need to check out her Le Creuset!

    andi

    ReplyDelete
  34. You had me giggling and thinking about kitchen scenes. I don't watch revenge often enough but holy cow she spends a lot of time in the kitchen. LOL. I probably would have never noticed the Le Creuset casserole being out or the chairs being changed. You're good. I really like her island minus the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Magali, I do love that kitchen...it's perfect for a cottage vibe! I can see why it's an inspiration to you. Isn't it great having something to show your carpenter, much easier than just trying to explain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd never thought you'd take the time to come see that kitchen! As for the carpenter, he just gave up on giving me ideas: I draw him what I want on paper and he does it on his fabulous software exactly how I drew it!

      Delete
  36. J'ai souris en lisant ton article car j'ai moi même une cocotte le Creuset identique et lorsque je l'ai achetée la vendeuse m'a dit qu'ils arrêtaient la production de cette couleur, conclusion j'ai aussi pris une jolie poêle à l'ancienne et toujours turquoise, mon gros coups de coeur le turquoise ;-)
    J'aime également la bouilloire turquoise sur l'avant dernière photo et j'adore aussi la cuisine
    Je découvre au fil de ton blog des séries que je ne connaissais pas et désormais je regarde différemment la composition des pièces, c'est un peu beaucoup grace à toi tout ça
    Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, la cocotte turquoise! Je suis super jalouse, là! J'en ai une bleu gris. Pas mal; mais pas turquoise!

      Delete
  37. I love her oil and vinegar set that keeps popping up in series 2 - anyone know where it's from lol? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where this set is from... But I found that one that have the same kind of "vibe", I think: https://www.etsy.com/listing/245678953/vintage-white-porcelain-oil-vinegar?ref=market

      Delete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.