Sunday, October 06, 2013

Down To The Sea

Wandering Around The Cottage - October Edition

Ploumanac'h - from the chapel to the beach



Last time, I left you panting after that last steep street, in front of the chapelle de la Clarté.


The above picture I stole for you on Wikipedia, because there were too many cars parked in front of the chapel the day I was there to take a nice picture of the whole building.


Je vous ai donc abandonné lors de mon dernier article tout(e) essoufflé(e) en haut de la côte qui mène à la Chapelle de la Clarté. Je n'ai pas pu prendre de vue d'ensemble de la chapelle: trop de voitures et un appareil avec un angle trop restreint, la toute première photo vient donc de Wikipedia.


I was totally in love with that angel above the door. I would have loved to bring him back home.


Behind the chapel is a huge place that is used for outside theater performances or concerts... with a wonderful seaview! Again, the summer was so hot that we have unusual yellow grass.


Alors qu'on commence à descendre à nouveau vers les plages, on a une jolie vue de l'île Tomé... Enfin, d'après ma lecture de la super carte IGN, si je me trompe, corrigez-moi!


As we go down from the chapel to the beach again, we can see the island Tomé (if  I read the map correctly - I'm only a woman after all!).  

You can also see the beautiful houses of Perros-Guirec, on the other side of the sea. I'll try and take you to Perros-Guirec an other time, if you're really nice.


Sur la côte opposée, on devine les riches maisons de Perros-Guirec.


As I was taking pictures of those wonderful pinkish rocks in the blue blue sea, a man stopped me and told me his dogs was much more worth my picture taking! 

So I snapped a pic!

Alors que, comme un peu tout le monde, je photographiais les amas de rochers dans la mer, un promeneur m'a arrêtée pour me dire que son chien était bien plus digne d'une photo... Evidemment, j'ai craqué quand j'ai vu les oreilles tombantes et les yeux noisette... 


At some points, rocks creates a lake of sea water.


Some of the rocks have names. Yes, we name rocks, that's how crazy we are in Brittany. This one is "the bottle". I'll have to go back to take more pictures, because at that point my camera was begining to say the battery was depleted.

Certains rochers ont des noms et celui-ci s'appelle "la bouteille"!


At that point, I was really tired, but finding the lighthouse gave me back some energy and I believe because the sun wasn't as high, the rocks took their most beautiful colour.


Je commençais honnêtement à ne plus sentir mes pieds ni mon dos à ce point de la promenade, mais découvrir le phare (et son chemin impossible à trouver!) a vraiment été le clou de la journée.

De plus, alors que le soleil commençait à descendre, les rochers ont pris leurs plus belles couleurs.

I hope you're not too tired after walking that much. 

J'espère que cette marche ne vous a pas trop fatigué (e).

A bientôt,

See you soon,


I'm sharing that walk with:

       Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home                  
                           
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia           The DedicatedHouse                         



26 comments:

  1. Since I won't be traveling to France physically this year, at least you are taking me there virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely walk. We spent a few days one year near Perros Guirec. It was the first time I had really seen the 'rose' stones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's beautiful. Thank you for taking me along on your walk. I enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful buildings and landscapes! How lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful!!! Loved the scenes and the doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. We saw a dog just like that one in France. I thought it was a Basset hound, but he said it was something else and I don't remember what he called it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est top, on croirait les rochers en papier froissé comme pour faire la crèche, c'est beau comme tout.
    Quelle émtion, j'ai eu un basset hound bicolor comme celui-ci, bien sûr il s'appelait Droopy, c'était un super chien, il a vécu 14ans....................................
    Jolie balade très agréable. Bises. Babette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love looking at your pictures Magali! Always beautiful and I feel transported every time! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...Sweet Basset Hound!! And those rocks are amazing! You took us down to the sea...is your next post going to be under the sea?? :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK...is it wrong for me to be envious...lol! I so wish I could see all of these beautiful sights in person, but this is certainly the next best thing! Thanks for taking us along and for giving us information and details along the way. Love it...:) Those homes on the hillside are spectacular! I would call that rock the manatee. It is shaped like one...lol. Have a wonderful week....:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a perfect walk, appreciated greatly, from my bed! Gorgeous photos -- I wish I could do that walk for real! And that dog? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this tour--you live in such a beautiful part of the world, Magali--thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Une bien belle promenade ! Et malgré ton vieil appareil photo foutu... tes photos sont superbes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are all magnificent! That is a stunningly beautiful area isn't it. The chapel is certainly lovely and "The Bottle" looks like it could fall any moment into the sea, but it's probably been there for centuries, right?
    Lovely photos, Magali!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the walk was splendid! I always have to tell you my favorite part of the walk! The Angel was perfect and I can see why you want her:) I love the lighthouse and how you captured the bird soaring about. Was that lavender blooming or some other delightful plant? Love the small ponds of seawater collected amongst the coastline too!
    Thank you Magali!
    xx-
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for another lovely walking tour, the details on the door of the chapel are just gorgeous, and although I lurve dogs, I do prefer photos of scenery !!!
    Thanks for sharing Magali.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing. I love your tours as much as I love seeing what is happening at the little white house by the seaside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely area. I enjoyed your tour very much. Beautiful scenery.

    Thanks for visiting me. I appreciate your visit. Please come again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Magali, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Magali, thanks for taking us out for a little exercise, boy what a fabulous post! The sea and rocks are so beautiful and calming, and the chapel and gorgeous homes are a treat as well. I had to pop by to see all that's happening at the little white house. Love the cute shelf on the half wall!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing ,truly amazing pictures,dear Magali ! Looking at your pictures I am singing to myself 'Oh,where did the blue skies go? And why is it raining so? ...' *SIGH* Thank you for a wonderful virtual walk. Love from Izabella.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful place! I MUST visit one day. And that poor dog NEEDS a good run--I doubt if he could, though. And I know it's cliche, but I CAN'T read maps - at least very quickly while my husband is needing the directions in a split second. I am loving Google navigation on my new phone! lol! Happy Sunday, thanks for linking up with Sunday View.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure at all the dog could run and I'm absolutely positive the owner couldn't run at all!!!

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous architecture and views...so pretty! Love the pup too...
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm fairly certain we name rocks here, too. :-) But I could totally see the bottle.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.